File a Quality of Care ComplaintQuality-of-Care Concerns
If a Medicare beneficiary has a concern or is not satisfied with the quality of care received, he or she can call the FMQAI Florida Medicare Beneficiary Complaints Helpline at 1-800-844-0795. The beneficiary may also download a quality of care complaint form English or Spanish to complete and fax to 813- 354-0737, or mail to:
5201 West Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, Florida 33609
Attention: Beneficiary Complaints
Examples of Poor Quality Care:
- Receiving the wrong medication
- Receiving an overdose of medication
- Receiving unnecessary surgery/diagnostic testing
- Experiencing a change in condition that was not treated
- Receiving a misdiagnosis
- Receiving inadequate discharge instructions
Another option for the beneficiary is to make a formal complaint. If the beneficiary decides to make a formal complaint, an FMQAI team member can help put it in writing. Once FMQAI receives the written complaint, the quality-of-care review will begin.
Trained team members are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm EST. However, a beneficiary can leave a message at FMQAIs toll-free number, 1-800-844-0795, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Translation services are available for beneficiaries and beneficiary care givers who do not speak English.
A beneficiary can call FMQAI at 1-800-844-0795 if he or she:
- Needs to discuss the quality of care received;
- Wants to file a formal quality-of-care complaint; or
- Needs help understanding Medicare rights.
- Has general questions about Medicare coverage;
- Needs clarification on how to enroll in Medicare; or
- Wishes to discuss billing issues.